The overall aim with the Duet 3 series is to allow for maximum flexibility of machine design through highly capable mainboards, expansion boards, smart tool boards and custom expansion modules. It is the core of the Duet 3 family, providing control for a wide range of machines including 3D printers, CNCs, Laser cutters and more.
The flexibility of configuration and advanced features are enabled by the RepRapFirmware 3 running on the Duet 3 Mainboard and the customised DuetSoftwareFramework running on a single board computer.
- Powerful 32-bit Processor (ARM Cortex M7 @300Mhz)
- Dedicated high-speed bus to a single board computer (e.g Raspberry Pi) for the user interface and plugins.
- 6 High capacity Trinamic 5160 stepper drivers running at up to 4.45A RMS, 6.3A peak, with firmware control of the full feature set including up to 256 micro-stepping, StallGuard 2 and StealthChop2.
- 2 CAN-FD buses that support the next generation of Duet3D expansion boards, smart tools and custom addons. The initial target is to support up to 8x3 channel expansion boards (another 24 stepper channels).
- 10 PWM outputs of varying current capacities support a high current heated bed, 3 extruders and 6 fans.
- 9 IO ports for end-stops, probes, filament monitors and other sensors.
- 4 x Thermistor/ PT1000 inputs, with support for x4 PT100/ Thermocouple inputs via optional daughter boards.
- Connect via PC, tablet or smartphone on the same network to the onboard web interface.
- Set up your printer and update the firmware through the web interface.
- All common 3D printer geometries are supported.
- Support for a wide range of Z probes including DC42’s IR Z probe and the Duet 3D smart effector for delta printers.